During my late night feeding sessions with Anna, one of my favorite things to do is sing to her. Music has always been a huge part of my life and in the still, quiet of the night I have plenty of time to remember many long forgotten songs from my childhood. One such song is My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music. This song got me thinking about my favorite things about being a mom. Here’s are just a few off the top of my head. I’m going to make it a regular practice to add these as they come to me. It’s so easy to forget…
- The smell of “baby” – you know, a mixture of Dreft laundry detergent, baby lotion and spit-up!
- Hearing Audrey say, “Good Job, Mom!”
- Falling asleep with a baby on my chest and waking to the sound of her heart beating against mine.
- Rocking Audrey asleep and telling her “The Jesus Story,” which is what she calls praying to Jesus at bed time.
- Hearing Audrey ask, “How’s your day, Mom?”
- Falling deeper in love with Justin each day as I watch him love these two little girls.
- Swinging with Audrey and finding animals in the clouds.
- Feeling little arms around my neck or a tiny, little hand around my finger.
- Knowing that no matter what happens tomorrow, my life will forever live on in the lives of my girls.